Get Outside BC Lead Promotion Volunteer
The BC Chapter of Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS-BC) is seeking a Lead Promotions Volunteer. The successful candidate will assist CPAWS-BC`s Community Engagement Coordinator promote the upcoming Get Outside BC program.
Get Outside BC is a collaborative youth outdoor leadership program that strengthens youth attachment to BC’s wilderness. We empower youth aged 14-18 by teaching them hands-on skills in wilderness survival, leadership, and conservation in order to prepare them to lead projects that connect other youth to wild spaces. Rather than providing a one-time experience, Get Outside BC provides youth with tools and resources to develop an enduring connection to the outdoors and a lifelong identity as a natural leader. Click here to learn more about Get Outside BC.
- Passion for protecting B.C.’s wilderness and oceans
- Ability to work independently but in close cooperation with the Community Engagement Coordinator
- Experience with event planning and a creating promotion plan
- Experience using facebook and twitter
- Experience writing blogs
- Proficient use of Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint
Deliverables / Duties:
- Grow network of GOBC promotion volunteers;
- Create promotional package for Regional Coordinators;
- Assist with program communications, including drafting social media content, submitting press releases, writing blogs, and drafting emails;
- All work must be tracked in promotion spreadsheet.
Benefits and Recognition:
This position is excellent experience for Environmental Studies, Non-Profit Management, Fundraising and/or Special Event Management students with an interest in working in an environmental field, as well as anyone with a passion for protecting B.C.’s wilderness and oceans.
Volunteers are highly valued members of the CPAWS-BC team and can make a significant difference in protecting B.C.’s wilderness for future generations, while increasing their knowledge of conservation campaigns.
5 hours per week from March to June, with the possibility of extention.
This position can be done from the CPAWS-BC office and/ or remote.
If Interested: Please send a resume and letter of interest to the Get Outside BC Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on March 22nd.