Big Wild Challenge 2015 - Victoria
The MEC Big Wild Challenge is back for our 2nd annual Coast Trail Run – run, walk, or adventure with us to help keep wildernesses wild.
Get inspired and check out some pictures from last year's MEC Big Wild Challenge
- Early Bird (ends June 30th) - FREE
- Regular (July 1-Sept 18) - $20
- Day of BWC - $40 (cash only on day of event)
MEC Big Wild Challenge Coast Trail Run will take place in East Sooke Regional Park, approximately one hour from Victoria proper. Participants of all distances will meet at Aylard Farm for check-in prior to the event start time.
5k Trail Run: 10:30am
12k Trail Run: 10:00am
21k Trail Run: 8:30am
*Parking is available at Aylard Farm; A shuttle will be available to take 12k participants to the starting point at Pike Road Entrance, starting at 9:00am
Canada has some amazing wilderness – from grand watersheds to majestic forests to vast oceans – and the only way to keep these spaces accessible and intact is to protect them and show our support for their existence. committing to a challenge shows your support for Canada’s wild spaces, and the funds you raise go to CPAWS conservation campaigns to protect Canada’s at-risk wilderness. Once you register your challenge, ask your family, friends, or colleagues to support you with a donation through your Big Wild Challenge page.
Need ideas to ramp up your fundraising efforts?
- Set-up your CPAWS fundraising page and profile
- Try using social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to share your profile. #BigWildChallenge
- Go corporate and involve your coworkers in your challenge
- Write a letter to local businesses and encourage them to get involved by donating to the cause
- Get friends and family involved by creating a team
- Host a party/get together to raise funds
For more information on routes, scheduling, directions, and prizes, please visit http://events.mec.ca/event/74556/mec-big-wild-challenge-coast-trail-run-5k12k21k